Monday, February 13, 2012

Dinner Date

I have an old friend, his name is Phil.  To say that I have known Phil for awhile is an understatement, I have known Phil since I was a young tot.  Recently I found out that Phil moved into my neighborhood.  I was pretty excited because it has been a long time since I had seen Phil and I wanted to be able to meet up with him sometime and get reacquainted. I thought maybe we would just run into each other sometime, making walking through the neighborhood one afternoon.  Phil and I decided that it would probably just be easier to meet up for dinner sometime.  We tried to go to dinner about a week ago, but it didn't work out.   I had some extra time on my hands today so I texted Phil and said, "Hey, you free tonight?"  As it turns out Phil had a few hours of free time so we agreed to meet up.  I was at a friends house nearby so Phil was going to pick me up and we would go to 5 Guys for dinner.  The time was soon approaching that Phil was supposed to be at my friends house. I waited...waited...and waited a little more.  No Phil.  Then my phone rang, it was Phil.  He was nearby but forgot that he wasn't going to be able to get to my friends house because she lived in a gated community so he said come outside and I will pick you up at the curb.  I said, "K, I'll be there in 2 minutes."  I walk to the curb, and wait...wait...wait no Phil.  I get another phone call, this time Phil is saying that he drove past but I wasn't out at the curb so he drove a little further up the road and was parked.  He said to look for a silver audi.  So up the hill I walk, and I soon see the silver audi.  I get in the car and we drive off, talking a little, but not a lot.  I mean it has been a long time, it was almost like meeting with a stranger.  We were stopped at a stop light when Phil suddenly exclaims, "Are you wearing perfume!?!?! Because you smell GOOOD!" I had to bite my tongue, I really just wanted to laugh. *I wasn't wearing perfume*  We got to 5 Guys, ordered our food, ate, and had a nice little conversation.  Afterwards Phil and I headed back to our neighborhood, and Phil dropped me off.  There was an abundance of people walking around neighborhood, and when we got out of the car Phil walked a good 10 feet ahead of me.  Well, that was a fine how-do-ya-do!  And that...was my dinner date with my dear friend Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment