Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bracey

Back here in this lovely post I informed you dear readers that my knee had been out of whack for a week. Well friends it has now been two months, and it is still whacky. Although now I know what the cause of the wackiness is. I visited a doctor back in July, he told me nothing was wrong and looked at me like I was a fool for even thinking there was. My mom and I both felt the opposite about the diagnosis, especially since it looked like something wasn't right when we were looking at the X-rays. I decided after two months I had had enough and went to get a second opinion. I am so very glad I did. Within two minutes of being in the room with me, listening to the problem, and looking at the new X-rays this new doctor diagnosed me with patellar maltracking. That basically means that my knee cap is not in it's correct place. I was prescribed 6-8 weeks of physical therapy and wearing a brace whenever I am doing a lot of activity (so everyday since school is starting) for 6-8 weeks as well. Along with that I received a cortisone shot to hopefully release some swelling. I am not looking forward to the prospect of wearing sweats and skirts all the time, but I walked on campus without the brace today and I will gladly wear sweats or skirts if it means I don't hurt as bad as I did today. So that...is an update on my life, not too thrilling, but hey, at least I don't have to have surgery!!

And this...is bracey, my new "best friend"

No comments:

Post a Comment