Friday, March 11, 2016

25 in 25 : #2, #3, #4

Oh hey!  Long time no see.  I've accomplished  a few things on my 25 in 25 list.  Did I every tell you everything I was going to do?  Probably not.... here's a few of the things I plan to do.  Some are small, some are big, some are personal (and those won't be shared), some will probably be changed by the time this year is over.

1. chalk the block.  2. run a 5k.  3. ride the tram at snowbird.  4. visit a different country.  5. go to lavender days in mona with shayla.  6. go to san francisco with ashley.  7.  karaoke with ashley.        8. learn to play the ukulele.  9.  read 25 books.  10. go to boston.  11.  meet someone famous.          12.  learn to knit

okay; i'll leave the rest for another day, or never.

the first thing I crossed off was chalk the block, you can read about it in my last post.

#2; I met someone famous.
My friend Diane invited me to go to a book launch with her and I met New York Times best selling author Jennifer A. Nielsen.  I have a picture of her and I but not on this computer.

#3; learn to knit.
Okay, I still have a LONG ways to go before I can say I'm pro at knitting, but I did learn and am still practicing.  I taught myself, thanks to youtube videos.  I feel like a grandma whenever I knit but it's relaxing and I'm excited to get better at this new hobby.  Watch out, you might all be getting sweaters for every holiday and birthday now.

#4; read 25 books.  Uh....I read 25 books in roughly...3 months.  Embarrassing? Nah.  Pathetic? Perhaps.  I just really love to read and I don't have any other form of social life for the most part.  Want a list of the 25 books I read? Good, because you're getting one.  Mind you, most of the books are cheesy romance books. Some are teen fiction.  I tried to throw in a variety but I failed terribly. I'll give each book a star ranking, based on how I felt I liked them...

1. No Place To Fall by Jaye Robin Brown ***
2. Love On A Whim by Aubrey Mace *****
3. Persuaded by Jenni James ****
4. Pride and Popularity by Jenni James ****
5.  Kiss and Blog by Allyson Noel *
6. Spotlight by Traci Hunter Abramson ****
7. Always Will by Melanie Jacobson *****
8. If We Kiss by Rachel Vail **
9. Kiss Me Again by Rachel Vail *
10. Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (mandatory read for school) ***
11. The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine ***
12. Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass ****
13. Zac and Mia by A.J. Betts *****
14. The Summer of Letting Go by Gae Polisner *****
15. Happy Again by Jennifer Smith ****
16. Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan  ***
17. His Personal Relationship Manager by Jennifer Peel ****
18. Twist of Fate by Rachael Anderson ****
19. Jessie Belle by Jennifer Peel ***
20. The Girl in Seat 24B by Jennifer Peel ***
21. Prejudice Meets Pride by Rachael Anderson *****
22. Rough Around the Edges by Rachael Anderson *****
23. Stick In the Mud Meets Spontaneity by Rachael Anderson *****
24. Professional Boundaries by Jennifer Peel ****
25. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella ****

So...I apparently like to read books by the same authors.  But most of these are just ones I could get through the library's e-book app.  I also never give up on a book unless the language and content is terrible.  I'm not promising that these are all the best books ever.  In fact, would I recommend most of these? Probably not.  I'm hoping that I will broaden my horizons through the rest of this year.  If I find any note worthy  books I will share them here on the blog.

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment