Tuesday, March 17, 2009

..."Finally A Bracelet That Comes Full Circle"...

For the past week Jordan High School has been holding a fundraiser for Invisible Children. It is a wonderful organization raising money for people in Uganda that have been affected by the on going war with the LRA. One of the things that we have been doing to raise money is selling the bracelets that Invisible Children has people in Uganda make, and then they ship them to the U.S. The bracelets are made out of reeds and recycled wire. They definitely not fancy, but they hold so much meaning. I had been debating all week if I wanted to spend $20 to get one, I could handle donating a few dollars here, and some more here. But $20 all at once seemed extreme. Until we watched the video that comes with one of the bracelets in one of my classes the other day. At that point I knew I had to do something. So I had $50 sitting, waiting to be put into savings, it had been there for about a month, just sitting in my room. I decided I would put it to good use and buy a bracelet or two. So I did. I bought the black and the white one. It is probably one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. It is definitely -as invisible children says- "..a bracelet that comes full cirle." When you look at it, you can't help but think of the struggles the people in Uganda are having. It has been very humbling to see how many people care so much about this cause.

1 comment:

  1. I love "Invisible Children". I went to a benefit at my church and it was awesome. It's heartbreaking to see what they go through. If I was single, I would totally want to go on the trips to help out. I think it would be amazing! Way to help out. I still get their emails and love them!

    ReplyDelete