Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tis the Season...

I love Christmas season; basically because I love the attitude of service that is in the air during this time. I always think to myself throughout the year I need to do service, or how can I help But it isn't until Christmastime that I actually start accomplishing this goal. This year I knew that it would be easy for me to do some service since so many in my family could use some help. I know that it's better to serve outside the family since you help your family all year, but with so many needing help I knew it would be worth it. To start off my time of service I did something that I have been looking forward to do for quite some time. As you know my cousin, Kristen, has yet again been diagnosed with leukemia. My aunt wanted to do something to help the other kids up at PCMC in the oncology ward, just as many have helped Kristen. My aunt's idea was to have people go to Build-a-Bear and build a bear of their choice and then she would donate them to the oncology ward to be passed out to the kids, so they would have something to hug. My aunt was planning to have people meet at Build-A-Bear on Thursday and build them together, but unfortunately I couldn't make it Thursday. So I asked some friends, and roommates if they wanted to go over on Wednesday and make some bears. So Breanne, Arielle, Whitney, and myself met at Fashion Place Mall on Wednesday to make the bears. It was so much fun, and to know that a child who is going through so much pain would be able to hold and hug the bear that I was making made it so worth the money I spent. When we finished at Build-A-Bear we drove to my aunts house to drop off the bears we made. To see how happy she was herself to receive the bears was just as amazing. all in all I just love serving others!


And yes...I did dye my hair. and yes I do love it!!

1 comment:

  1. First love the hair, second what a great way to get in the holiday spirit. Those bears will be greatly loved...

    ReplyDelete