Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Catch Up!

Hello everybody!! :) I am back from my lovely trip to the wonderful city of St. George. It was AMAZING!!! We spend an entire day at Zion's, just hiking, and walking. Luckily it wasn't too hot in the Park so we didn't die of heat. On Wednesday we went to Tuacahn and saw Tarzan, really people, if you have the chance to go see this, take it!!! It was so incredibly awesome. They flooded the stage, and had people dressed as monkey's flying around the skies above the stage, and of course they had Tarzan and Jane go flying about!! It was such a nice way to get out of Sandy and enjoy time with my family. On Friday (the day after we got back) my mom's side of the family had a little reunion. We very rarely get to see each other so getting together with almost all of the family was really nice. I was able to see some of my favorite cousins, and spend time with the cousins who I already know so well. After the reunion I walked across the street and hung out with Jaci and Savannah, as well as Savannah's sister and dad. We stayed outside and talked, then watched the fireworks from the REAL game. Then came Saturday. The day to celebrate the 4th of July. Oh how I love this holiday!! This year I spent the whole day with friends, so it was different from years past for sure. In the afternoon Arielle, Savannah, and I met at Target to go over to Sandy City's carnival that they had going on. It was so much fun!! I definitely did not feel like I was a 19 year-old, almost 20 year old. I think we had more fun then the little kids that were there did! After we had been worn out from walking around and taking pictures we parted ways and I went over to my grandma's house for a small BBQ with her and my parents. After quickly eating I hurried over to Kaytlin's house and picked her up then drove over to Savannah's. From there we went with Savannah and her dad to her aunt's house and joined them to go down to the parade and enjoy that with the Smith family. To be honest I was slightly disappointed in the parade, it seemed to be all political announcements and nothing else.. After the parade Kaytlin and I went back to her house and hung out for a little while. We ended up taking a lovely ride around the neighborhood on their tandem bike (a bicycle built for two) which was SO FUN!! Then we sat outside down the street from Savannah's aunt's waiting for them to be ready to go down to JHS to watch the fireworks. I had so much fun just hanging out and enjoying what this country is all about. On Sunday I came down with some kind of nasty sickness and I was completely miserable. I cried and cried forever because I was scared that I was still going to be sick the rest of the week, and I couldn't be. The reason why I couldn't be sick is simple, two of my cousins are getting married tomorrow. Kim and Kamie have been more like sisters then cousins to me. Especially Kim, she is my best friend and I couldn't bare the thought of missing this day. I have been looking forward to this day since before it was planned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment