Thursday, April 7, 2011

Humph....

So my wrist....while some say it is fractured, others say it's not.
Take the radiologist for example, they called and said that there was no sign of a fracture, but if I was still in pain within a week to go get more x-rays.

Today has been one week since I visited instacare. I'm still in tremendous amounts of pain.
I did as I was told, I went to the doctor. This time an orthopedic doctor.... since I was still believing that it was fractured, because I saw the x-ray, I saw what the doctor, and x-ray tech were talking about when they said there was a fracture, I was hoping for a cast.

A bright yellow or green cast to be honest. Since I'm being honest, I'll tell you that it has been a dream of mine to have a cast. Really, I may be weird, but as a child, and even now, I've just wanted to wear a cast. So far, it hasn't happened. And it looks like it still won't be happening. I am a bit saddened. Well not a bit, quite a lot actually.

The ortho doctor informed me, that he too does not see a fracture. He says I bruised my ulna nerve and sprained my wrist. But he wants to see me next week to do another x-ray...why couldn't he have done that today. humph...

So thank you doctors for getting my hopes up, then crushing my dreams. One day...I will have a cast. A bright green one or a bright yellow one.

On a more uplifting note..if there is anyone out there who is reading this, and feeling generous...maybe you could help with something. I have a friend going to Thailand for the summer, she will be teaching English, and other things to the kids in Thailand. She is going with ILP ...(if you look at the website, and don't see Thailand on the list of locations, it is because this is the first time they have anyone going over there. They're just barely opening the school.) She is trying to get donations of money and supplies to take with her, to help the kids.

Here is a list of the things she is trying to collect:

Actual items or money donations would be greatly appreciated.

They can be given to Jana Christensen.

If you would like someone to pick them up please call Jana.

Thank You!


-Glue -Copy Paper

-Tape (ALL kinds) -Pens

-Construction paper -Crayons

-Markers -Children’s Books

-Sharpies -Mixing Bowl

-Dice -Measuring spoons

-Glitter Glue -Measuring cups

-Brads -Spatula

-Pipe Cleaners -Mixing Spoon

-Googley Eyes -Muffin pan and cups

-Pins -Paper plates

-Clothespins -Cards (UNO, Face, Rook)

-Beads -Food Coloring

-String -Costume Items

-Stapler and Staples -Other craft supplies

-Glue gun and sticks -Items that could be used as prizes (Dollar Store)

-Big Scissors

If you would like to help with a donation of any sort, leave a comment and I will get in touch with you. Or...you can contact me any way you know how to. :)

Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment