Saturday, June 4, 2011

America

Meet Dave...
Dave married my cousin Kim...

Today Dave left with the Utah National Guard
for his one-year deployment.
I'm going to be honest here...
I didn't think I would have such a hard time,
knowing that he was leaving.
But for some reason, it has been super hard!
Maybe since Kim and I grew so close I am just
hurting for her.
I don't know..
Anyways,
I know that having someone so close,
being out serving our country
everything Patriotic this year
will mean a little something more.
I am grateful to the 474 troops who left today,
to serve our country,
and protect our freedom.
I don't express my gratitude for them near enough,
and it is sad that it took me this long to do so.
But their sacrifice means the world to me.
They are GIVING up everything,
so that we can HAVE everything.
Giving so that we can have...
pretty selfless if you ask me.
Okay, I'm stepping off my soap-box now.

Dave,
be safe.
Thank you for what you are doing.
We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment