Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

I am really lacking in my picture taking, these days.  There is just so much more to life, to see that you can't see through the little viewfinder of a camera.   Halloween used to be a big celebration time at my house.  Basically like it is for almost every other child out there.  We would get together with my mom's family, eat chili, trick-or-treat, play card games, the usual, ya know.  Like everything else in life as I grew up, it became less and less of an ordeal.  I would do things with friends, but nothing big.  This year, I decided to switch things up a bit.   First, you should know, I do not do haunted houses, or anything of the like.  However, I somehow willingly agreed to go to the Haunted Village at This Is The Place Heritage Park.  That was last week, on Tuesday.  It was so much fun! I went with Whitney Pingree, and a girl from  my YSA Ward, Emily Lloyd and her friends Jessica and Sara Jo.  It as definitely a group of girls running through the village, haha.  Screaming and running the whole way through.

Somehow, I found myself willingly agreeing to go to the Haunted Village yet again.  This time it was with my ward, for FHE..  I was actually thinking it would be a fun activity.  But I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to go, because I would most likely end up by myself, and that...well that just is not a good idea in the Haunted Village.  So, I ended up inviting Whitney and Keith to come with me.  That was probably the best idea ever!  Seriously, it has been a long time since I have had that much fun!  It would take me a life time to explain all the jokes, and reasonings behind why we spent the entire night laughing our heads off, but trust me on this one, we did.  After going through the Haunted Village, this time with no screaming, and an even faster time through, we decided to just ditch the rest of the "festivities" (doughnuts and chocolate milk in the parking lot) and come back to Sandy for a treat.  Normally, we go to Jamba Juice when we bail on FHE, but they decided to close early, so did Cold Stone, and we weren't driving back to 90th to go to Sconecutter.  So we ended up going to In-N-Out and getting shakes. Bah, bad idea on my part.  It was a bit too late to eat ice cream, not to mention In-N-Out does not have the best of shakes...in my opinion.

To end my Halloween festivities, I woke up this morning at 4:30 a.m. so that I would be ready by 5:30 a.m. to go to Walmart with Alli to get our Halloween candy 50% off.  Yes, we are crazy, but yes it was fun!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete