Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Contemplations

As I lay on my own bed for the first time since Wednesday, and watch outside my window as a summer storm is rolling in, I cannot help but let my mind think of life, and everything that it entails. 

Life is good. Simply put, I couldn't ask for a better life.  Yes, times are hard, I struggle with many things, but really, I have it SO easy.

I have a Heavenly Father who loves me, more than I can imagine.

I have an earthly family who sacrifices everything for me.

I have been blessed with some incredible friends, and examples in my life.  I just got home from a 4 day trip to St. George with three of the greatest ladies you could ever know.  I was able to step out of my comfort zone during those four days and just enjoy life. I didn't care what anyone thought, or how stupid I may have looked, it was good!


As I said, life is good.  But I also feel like I am living in "limbo" I feel like everything around me is changing, but I continue to remain the same.  Friends are moving on in their lives, moving out, getting "real life" jobs, getting boyfriends, going on missions, graduation college, yet I'm still here, just trudging through school. Sometimes it bothers me that nothing is changing, that I'm living a routine life.  But when I think about it, I don't think I would want to be anywhere else.  I've thought about thinking about a mission, but to be honest, I'm such a home-body that the thought scares me a bit.  Moving out again would be nice, but again, being a home-body and the lack of money makes it difficult.  I'm perfectly content living my single life right now. (most days)

I attended a fireside tonight presented by Jenny Oaks Baker, and Kendra Lowe.  Jenny Oaks Baker has been one of my absolute favorite musicians for as long as I can remember.  I used to play the violin, I miss it often.  I wish I would have stuck it out and learned to play better.  I may have cried a bit while watching her perform.

During the fireside my heart swelled as the Spirit confirmed to me that I am loved, I am not alone, I can make it through anything, that this Gospel is true, and that really I am just blessed.

One of the best things, ever? Realizing that someone who I used to get annoyed by, and would rather not see, is now someone that I love seeing.  

Studying the scriptures needs to become a more important part of my life.

"Isn't it a beautiful day? It's the perfect day to smile, so keep smiling!"

I need to be more grateful for everything in my life. 

Random sidenote: I am a wuss when it comes to storms.  It is pitch black outside my window due to the clouds and I'm about to start acting like a 5 year old and hide under my blankets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment