Monday, October 29, 2012

One step forward, two steps back

Sometimes you have really good days, like the other day, remember how I posted that I kicked my own butt at physical therapy, yeah that was a really good day.

That good day came crashing down today at physical therapy.

.......
........
..........
............
..............
..................

There I was doing my normal routine, and BAM they threw some new things in my face.  Wall squats, holy hannah those killed me! And these other weird ones where I had to kneel on my knee, OUCH!  Then...my world came crashing down on me.  The physical therapist was stretching me out, and he was just rubbing my knee and I was in PAIN, so much that I almost cried.  So I told him that and he tried to figure out what was wrong.  After talking about my symptoms, he said 8 words, that I did not want to hear,  "I think it might be a meniscus problem."  After explaining what he meant, he told me to go back to my doctor, and see what he says.  As for now, physical therapy is no longer a part of my life.

I walked out the doors and immediately started to bawl.  I thought for sure I was getting better.  I thought I was finally improving, I thought I could see the light at the end of this forever long tunnel.  I know as it stands we don't actually know for sure that it is a meniscus problem, but there is a part of me that knows, that it is.  This tunnel just seemed to get a whole lot longer, and that light is just a bit further away.

I stand firm in my belief that everything happens for a reason.  So there must be a reason for this.  Even though I feel like the only reason I am dealing with this is for nothing right now, in the end, it will all be worth it.

And they all wonder why I never smile at physical therapy... :)

1 comment:

  1. THERE IS a reason for this. Seriously is. I am trying to tell myself that too. Every day. We. Got. This.

    amanda @ we and serendipity

    ReplyDelete