Wednesday, January 23, 2013

{potential}

[puh•ten•shuhl] capable of or becoming

Do you have people in your life whose potential you can see, but they can't to see it themselves? Have you seen them on that path towards their potential and have you seen them at other times when they've given up? Do you ever just want to grab them, shake them, and shake them so hard until they realize what they're doing?

I have a friend like this. I have considered him to be one of my closest friends at times. This isn't a friendship that started off easily. I didn't think highly of him for awhile, and it took a lot for me to get to a point where I trusted him. Anyways, I have seen his serious side and the side of him that actually seems like he has his head on straight and knows where he is going. The side of him that is ever so caring and attentive. But I have also seen the side of him who is so carefree it's almost as though he has given up. He jokes all the time, barely gives you the time of day.

I recently saw this friend and it was an encounter that I almost wish hadn't of happened. I hadn't seen him since my birthday so you would think it would be something to be happy about (may I say excited about?). Don't get me wrong, it was great to see him but he had reverted back to his ever so care free ways and it made me sad. I only saw him for maybe 3 minutes but you could tell by his personality that e had changed.

This is what brought this whole blog post idea to mind. I wanted to badly (okay I have wanted to for a few months) to shake him and make him realize his potential. Make him realize that his "cool" act isn't getting him anywhere anymore.

I am however realizing there isn't much I can do. And it is hard...

1 comment:

  1. I know a few people like that, too. Sometimes, they're too humble to admit it, or sometimes, they're just too hard to admit it. Have you tried flat out telling him?

    ReplyDelete