Friday, March 29, 2013

all for a reason

There's a saying that seems to be pretty popular on Pinterest. It says something like "God brings certain people into our lives for a reason, either for a blessing or a lesson." Whenever I would read that I would think "oh, that is SO true!" But tonight I am thinking about it a little differently. Honestly, I think that when a person is in your life it can be for both a lesson and a blessing. I went to an Easter party with some friends tonight and ended up running into one of my really good friends. We said a quick hi and then went on our way talking to others. Eventually we found our way to having a conversation with each other and some of my friends. One of my friends was shocked to find out how good of friends me and my friend were. Without a moments hesitation he said, "it hasn't always been this way, we used to hate each other. But then something clicked and here we are." It's true, I've shared our story before. I really hated his guts, and did my best to avoid him. But seeing as he was friends with the only friends I had in the ward, I tolerated him, then something literally clicked and I consider him a great friend. It was this experience that made me reconsider that infamous quote. Having him in my life has taught me a thousand little and some big lessons. But those lessons have been blessings and his friendship in general has been a blessing. Before you write someone off as just a lesson to be learned, reconsider it and maybe they are actually a blessing to be received.

3 comments:

  1. I COMPLETELY agree with this. I think when people come into your life & it ends up NEGATIVE, it was a blessing (because you learned from it) hence the lesson part. If that makes any sense at all? I agree completely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! But even if it ends up negatively and you just think they were there to teach you a lesson, at some point or another they were probably a blessing. Whether it just meant they lent a listening ear or something. Ya know

      Delete
  2. SO true. I have a friend that hated me at first and now we are good friends. Isn't it weird how things like that happen?

    ReplyDelete