Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Welcome to my living room...

So this isn't actually a real living room, but I sure wish it was my living room! For the final project of the semester in my Interior Design class we had to design and build a room of our choice. The big decision of course was which room will I masterfully create...a bedroom?? nah too generic for my liking. So then I thought "OOO I'll do a kitchen!!" Then after thinking about it I thought "nah, that'll be WAY hard." So I finally decided to do a living room, more a formal living room then just a normal living room though. Let me take you on a tour! :)
"Birds Eye View"
-this is the wall you see when you walk in the room, equiped with a lovely black fire place, black grand piano, and two white couches (you can only see one right now)
-there's the french doors, on the left we have our family picture wall, to the right a mirror with a table underneath it.
-here are the lovely windows, with black curtains (my favorite!! :]), with a table in between (notice the flowers in the vase!)
The other two windows and a view of both the couches
Here are some close up's of the accessories/furnitures

The piano---it's just a bit small...just a bit.
The mirror, tin foil is my friend :) and the table with books and flowers

Couch numero uno...this was supposed to be a love seat, but the cushions were too small so we turned it into a couch!!


Couch number two---pretty awesome if I say so myself.

probably my favorite thing in the room, the fireplace!! With a little clock and two vases of flowers, the cute little saying about the mantle reads "The happiest moments of my life have been the few I have passed at home in the bosom of my family." -Thomas Jefferson
Picture wall!! The metal piece at the top says Forever Family, then Family pictures!
So that's my living room, well my wishful living room! It was pretty fun, but so stressful to make! Plus staying up until 1 am to finish it was an adventure!! Gotta thank my mom for being so patient with me and helping me with most of it!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! SO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you wish it was your living room! I totally wish it was mine!

    ReplyDelete