Friday, January 23, 2009

What is this world coming to?!?!?!?!?!?

So today was an interesting day. It started off as any other day normally would; I woke up, straightened my hair, got dressed, everything you do to get ready for a day at school. So my and myself leave our house at 7:30ish to head to school. We get to the street by the school and go over the railroad tracks. If you know the layout of Sandy by JHS you know that the second you pass the railroad tracks you are at the high school, and you can see into the parking lot. Well as we passed the tracks I looked down into the parking lot just to see it swarmed with cop cars. So seeing as we wouldn't be able to turn into the normal entrance to the school we continued on down to Beetdigger Blvd. as we were going up the Blvd. we noticed that all the students were standing outside of the school on the grass surrounding the parking lots, you could also hear the fire-alarms going off. SO...needless to say there was NO WAY you were going to get me to go to school today, luckily my mom agreed. So we continued back on to our home -once again. When I got home I turned on the news hoping that I would be able to find out what in the world was going on. So there I was sitting on the couch and hear a breaking news story on FOX 13 saying it was a terrible act of violence...correction a bomb threat. Yeah a bomb threat- at Jordan High School...the place that I spend most of my time at, the place that is supposed to be safe. Well after finding out it was a bomb threat I knew even more that I wasn't supposed to go to school today, and I didn't want to stay home alone (I'm a bit of scaredy cat sometimes... :]) So I got to go be a kindergartener today! So much better than a senior!! haha But seriously what is the world coming to when you have two bomb threats in basically 24 hours at one school. It is just disgusting that someone would want to do that. I was even more disgusted as I was looking on ksl.com at their reports of the threat and people were making light of the situation. Making it into a joke, yes thankfully nothing happened but seriously people it was still a threat. And seeing as it was the 2nd threat that the school received you would hope that the faculty would take extreme precaution as to how to handle the situation. I think they handled it pretty well - although I wish my absent wouldn't have been counted against me...- oh well! That's my story for the day...lovely world ain't it....

No comments:

Post a Comment