Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cut up, bruised, bloody and swollen continued...

Does this post title seem a bit familiar? Maybe you're experiencing a deja vu moment. Well it has been one month since I moved to Ephraim, one month since that fateful Sunday afternoon walking home from church and experienced a lovely view of the sidewalk. This one month has seemed to last forever, but it has also flown by like you wouldn't believe. I'll probably talk about the first month down in Ephraim a little bit, but first lets get straight to the point. On Wednesday I started to notice that my knee was starting to hurt again, like really bad. I also noticed that it was starting to swell back up and get red. I thought "Oh great, what is going on now!" Luckily I was already planning to come home for the weekend since it was my birthday on Friday. Luckily my doctor was going to be in the office on Saturday. Well between Wednesdsay-Friday my knee did not get better, in fact the pain began to intensify. So by the time I got home on Friday I knew that something wasn't right. When I got home I realized that my knee had started to ooze. UGH! I am so sick of my knee. Anyways, Saturday morning I had a doctors appointment at 9:00. I tell the doctor everything that has happened, since he had already seen me once before about it I just had to update him on it, meaning telling him about the time when my knee exploded blood for two hours. He told me that I had an infection, he told me what kind but I don't remember so we'll just stick with infection. Then he said we needed to try and squeeze some of the puss out so that he could get a culture of it. Well squeeze he did...I had this nasty watering lookin' stuff runnin' down my leg and it just kept coming and coming and coming. He told me that the medicine he was going to give me may not be the right stuff but that it was better to get me on soemthing instead of waiting until Monday or Tuesday and have it be the right medicine. So that is the story of my knee, it is infected, it was painful, and I just want to sit and cry all day long. I have to go back to Ephraim today and I am absolutely dreading it. I mean I love Ephraim, I really do, but I'm just too scared to be away from a normal town at this time. Well that's all I have to say about my knee and the infection. As for school...well I'll just write another post another time, I need to go get ready for the day.

1 comment:

  1. That does not sound fun!!! Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete