Thursday, October 15, 2009

Don't Blink

Time flies so fast.
You think you have more time in life
but really you never know
just how much time you will have.

tell family and friends you love them often.
at least once a day, even more
never think oh i'll tell them later
there's always tomorrow.

you never know if there really will
be a tomorrow.

I say this because I thought there would be a next time, but unfortunately that next time didn't come. My grandpa Christensen passed away this past Monday, October 12, 2009. I was in a study group for my Communication's class when I heard the news. I dropped everything and ran back to my apartment to get my cousin so that we could come home to Sandy to be with our family. I felt as though my world had crashed down around me. I wanted to just sit and cry and let it all sink in, but I didn't have the time. I grabbed a bag of clothes and enough substances to last me a week (because I thought I would be home for a whole week) and ran out the door and jumped in the car. On our way home we stopped in Nephi and grabbed some dinner. Coincidently we stopped at Taco Time and we both got soft shell tacos, and mexi fries. When we started to eat our meal Kim said "Jana, we should've gotten extra meat." You see that was one of my grandpa's favorite meals. We didn't realize that we were having a "Grandpa Dinner" until we started to eat it. We made it home by 7 and then we spent the rest of the night at my Grandma's house just reminiscing. We went back to school on Tuesday evening and came home last night. The viewing is in a few short hours, and the funeral is tomorrow morning. It still doesn't feel like it's real, and time feels like its moving slower by the second. I miss my grandpa so much and wish that I wouldn't have thought, oh there will always be tomorrow to see him, or I'll visit him longer next weekend when I'm home. So to my family and friends who read this; I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment