Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cheer Up Buck-A-Roo!

On the 10th of January I had a very rough day. I had come home that weekend to attend one of my best friends mission farewells so going back to Ephraim was a little bit bitter sweet. Add on top of that not being able to sleep AT ALL did not help much either. The whole night (as I tried to sleep) I kept having the impression that I needed a blessing, well I couldn't exactly ask for one at 3 in the morning. So I pushed it aside and fought to get back to sleep. When I woke up Monday morning I still had that impression, but I kinda just ignored, but after awhile of ignoring it and it not going away I gave in. I asked Kevin (my neighbor and my FHE dad) if he would be able to give me a blessing later that day when we were both done with classes. He told me that he would and to just come over later that afternoon. So I went over to his apartment, and him and Joe took me to their bedroom and gave me a blessing. This is the first blessing that I have had in a while, and it was the first comfort blessing that I have had from anyone but my dad. As I sat there with their hands on my head I was immediately comforted, as I listened to the words that Kevin was saying I was astonished that what he was saying was things that I really needed to hear. It was a very touching experience, because it helped my testimony of the priesthood blessings grow so much because the things that he told, were things that no one would've known that I needed to hear, besides my Father in Heaven. I walked away from that experience feeling so much better, with a renewed sense of peace. I had a reaffirmed conviction of the love that so many people have for me, whether it be my family, friends, leaders, or just my neighbors. That experience helped me to love my neighbors so much more, they have been like older brothers to me while I have been down there, but the fact that they were so willing to do anything to help me meant so much to me.
Today as I got online to check my e-mail, and catch up on blogging I saw this video on my home page ( The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and it once again reminded me of what I was told in my blessing last week. Enjoy!
Youre-Never-Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment