Saturday, December 4, 2010

Layered Jello...aka Jello Heaven!





Okay so...the pictures don't really do this justice...and it didn't turn out as nicely as it has in the past, but let me tell you, this stuff is to die for! Tonight was my ward Christmas Party, and I had signed up to bring a salad. I instantly thought.."OH! I'll make layered jello!" Only in Utah, can you take Jello as a salad! So I did...but they thought it was a dessert and served it at the very end, after everyone had gone through the dessert line :( sad I know! So my friend Savannah and I went back to her house and had a little jello party, hence the eaten jello!

Here is the recipe; you should try it! (even if you don't like jello!)

6-7 small boxes (3 oz.) of jello; different flavors varying in color
1/3 cup sour cream for each box of jello

Boil one cup of water
Mix with Jello
Divide jello in half
Mix 3 Tbsp cold water with one half
Mix 1/3 cup sour cream with the other half
Pour the sour cream half into glass baking dish (13 x 9 or so)
Let stand in fridge for 20 minutes
Remove from fridge and pour remaining jello on top; let stand for another 20 minutes
Repeat until complete.
(Start with darkest color and proceed to the lightest.)

It seems like it takes a long time to make, and it does. But it's nice because you can go and do other things while it sets up, so you don't have to just sit and stir something for 40 minutes! So nice, and SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment