Monday, June 13, 2011

Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband

It's that time of year again folks.
The time of year when the only thing playing on my
iPod, computer, or stereo is
Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband.
It has been this way for 4 years.
For the past 4 years
I have attended the Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband concert
at the Sandy Ampitheater with
Jaci and Savannah (last year Whitney came along as well.)
Every year we would get lawn seats,
arrive like two hours before the concert started
sit on the cement outside the gate
eat Little Caesar's pizza and breadsticks.
Take the traditional photos
it was tradition.
This year we did things a little different.
We had seat seats. Back row, front section, middle.
We went to IHOP instead of eating Pizza.
Traditional pictures were not taken.
We did however get their autographs,
for the second time.
As well as a picture, and some lovely conversation time
with the band.
But alas one thing remains the same.
Every year
after the concert,
I listen to Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband
for two weeks straight.
Before I realize I've gone insane,
and change it.
And it is happening.
I'm pretty sure I listened to their new CD
3 times through yesterday.
So for the next two weeks,
if you hate Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband,
don't come around me.
or do.. I might just convert you!










1 comment:

  1. Bummed I missed them this year. Sorry you didn't get to go all paparazzi on me and sneak a picture online. haha

    ReplyDelete