Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fib

Fib |fib|
noun
a lie, typically an unimportant one.

Yesterday, my family was watching my brother-in-law's nephews. Who am I kidding, we are watching them for the next two weeks.
They were wild and rambunctious yesterday, everyone else wast tired.  During lunch we asked if they wanted to take a nap after lunch.  Both said "No, I don't need a nap."
Then..my mom steps in.
with this story, or fib...
"Boys, today we are celebrating the 24th of July.  That is a time when we remember the pioneers, and the hard trek they went on to get to this valley.  When the pioneers got here they were really tired so after they ate lunch they laid down for a nap.  In honor of them, every year, on the 24th we take a nap after lunch."
The 5-year old nephew looked at her thoughtfully and said, "Okay, I could go for a nap."

After lunch came, and they took a nap, or at least that is what I'm told, I took that story literally and slept for a good hour and a half.

This morning when the nephews got here the 5-year old went up to my "Pam, can we lay down for the pioneers again today?"

Basically my mom came up with the best fib ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment