Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter

This weekend is up on the top of my favorite weekends of the year.  I love all holidays, mostly because it means my family will gather together, which has become a bit of a rarity over the past few years.  Easter is such a marvelous holiday.  It is a time for us to reflect on the life of our Savior, Jesus Christ and the sacrifice that He gave to us that fateful night in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross. I have been reading scriptures from the New Testament each night that go hand in hand with what was happening over 2000 years ago.  It has been an eye opener to read of the events that Christ went through at the same time He would have been going through them.  I encourage anyone reading this to do the same.  Study the life of our Savior, study about his atonement, and the great blessing it is to us.  I am ever so thankful to my Savior, my brother, my friend, that He suffered so much pain, for me, so that I don't have to suffer as badly.  Life is hard, but without Jesus Christ and his atonement it would be so much more difficult!  I cannot even begin to imagine how I would get through a day without the knowledge of my Savior.  On this night, 2000+ years ago, Christ was condemned for sins that he did not commit.  He was nailed to a cross, and shamelessly mocked.  He experienced all of that for us!  He brought about a way for us to overcome death.  As my family is celebrating the 3rd Easter without my Grandfather and the 2nd Easter with my cousin this brings about so much hope that I will see them again!  They aren't gone forever.  What a beautiful blessing that is!

Watch this video, it is beautiful!


And this one, whether you watch it, or simply just listen to the music, it is beautiful
LDC is the audition choir down at the Orem Institute on UVU's campus.  I had the wonderful opportunity to be at the devotional when Alex Boye spoke and LDC's performed this song.  I remember being touched by the Spirit so strongly that day, and feeling so at peace while they sang.  "I will rise when He call my name, no more sorrow, no more pain.."

I am so grateful for my Savior, and the sacrifice that He made for me.  I am grateful for the opportunity to think about the life that He led a little more intently this weekend.  I hope that you will take the time to study His life and His teachings, and remember that He did all for you!!  Happy Easter weekend!

Read this
Visit Here
Study more here, here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment