Friday, April 6, 2012

That awkward moment....

So I wake up every day at 5:30 or 5:45 am.  It's not considerably early, but by the end of the week my body has literally had it and I struggle on Fridays.  I struggle to get out of bed, struggle through classes, and usually crash early and throw a social life out the window.  Or if I do go out, I end up sleeping through the activity.  One day I plan to get this whole early to bed, early to rise business down, one day...

Today was no different than any other Friday.  By the time I was done with my class (which was a complete waste but that's a story for another day) I was exhausted.  You know it is going to be a long day when you've reached complete exhaustion by 10:00 am.  I went to the institute in hopes of a good time (I have some institute stories to share, they're great!) but alas, it turned out to be super boring today, so I read a book.  Which in turn made me even more tired, blah... I had planned to stay for the Friday Devotional but my body couldn't handle it any more.

So come 11:30 I ran to the bus and unfortunately didn't get a seat.  I almost fell asleep standing up.  (I've actually done that once on the bus...) About half way through American Fork a seat opened up and I gladly took it.  It just so happened to be next to the little shelf thing where you put your belongings if you have a lot with you so I leaned my head against that and started to dose off. Soon a guy came and sat on top of the shelf, no big deal.  I could still sleep.  We finally get on the freeway and something about the drive on the freeway can put me into a deep sleep.  I was just about to hit that deep sleep (I was starting a dream, and I could tell it was going to be a good one!) when something rubbed across my head.  I jerked awake and I was so confused as to where I was and what was rubbing my head!! I believe it was the guys strap of his backpack, or so I'm hoping.  He apologized for whatever it was that rubbed my head, and I went back to sleep.  Oh...I just love the bus....

And for a little visual....

Yes, it is weird that I have a picture of an empty bus in my possession, but it is a rarity to be on an empty bus so I snapped a picture for my friend Arielle (since she is in China right now..)

No comments:

Post a Comment