Saturday, May 5, 2012

Listen

I've had this song on repeat over the past two days or so.
It has become one of my favorite songs, ever.
There is such a wonderful, powerful, inspiring message in the song.



I don't know if it is because I have been listening to this song, or if it just that time of year again,
but I have been thinking a lot about this post.
Last year at this time was seriously such a hard time for me.
I was suddenly feeling like a failure because I wasn't getting the associate's degree I had set out to get from the moment I graduated high school.
I wanted to be along side my friends, getting that diploma.
I still haven't received that degree, but every day I am closer towards my goal.
I am realizing new goals within that goal,
and I am finally okay with the reality that I'm not as far in school as I should be.
It has taken a lot of time for me to reach this point,
to honestly be okay with the fact that I still am not complete with my general's, and I've yet to get into the program at UVU.  It is coming, and that's all that matters.
As for not changing things in life.
I would never change the decision I made to go to Snow,
but I would never change the decision I made to move home when I did.
I would have missed out on so many opportunities
such as this one.
I still look back at that day when I need a reminder as to why I'm getting myself into the crazy world of education.
I wouldn't have learned this lesson, which is a lesson I desperately needed.
And the friends I've made?!? I wouldn't have had the chance to meet some of my closest friends, or grow closer to one of my best friends had I stayed at Snow, and that is something I would never want to give up.

I don't think I would have been standing next to that lovely bride had I not moved home.  I am so very grateful for the amount our friendship grew over those few months.

I know for a fact that I wouldn't know Colby and Alicia had I stayed at Snow, and I can't imagine what life would be like without these two crazies in it.  So it's a good thing!
 
Alicia is seriously one of the greatest blessings of moving home from Snow early.  I cannot express how grateful I am for her.
I wouldn't have become friends with trouble here...which is a devastating thought.

And not becoming friends with Trouble, would mean I wouldn't have met Kylee. 
Moving home was hard,
being "behind" in school is still hard at times.
But there are just far too many positive effects of moving home that outweigh the bad.
I'm glad I made that hasty decision,
and I am glad I am finally able to see just how amazing of a blessing that truly was.

No comments:

Post a Comment