Sunday, June 3, 2012

Laughter


I have probably done more laughing in the past 48 hours than I have done in a long time.
It all started on Saturday night when Kaytlin and I hosted an outdoor movie party in her backyard.
I was lucky that I was able to go seeing as I had been sick all morning long.

We started the movie (Despicable Me) and Courtney Jones, myself, and Alec found ourselves some lovely seats in camping chairs behind everyone else on the lawn.  We may or may not have spent more than half of the movie laughing ridiculously hard.  We laughed at the movie, we laughed at pop rocks, we laughed at me spilling my popcorn, we laughed at our terrible attempts at spying, and our "evil" plots.  I do believe we started to become annoying to those in front of us because of our laughter.  (Good thing we're all friends so they wouldn't REALLY get mad at us.)

Then today.
Kaytlin and I went to church with Whitney and Alicia, we needed a "breath of fresh air". 
You will always find me laughing when I get around Whitney and Alicia.  If I don't, then something is wrong with the universe.   Throw in running into Colby into that mixture, well you've got yourself a recipe for some non-stop laughter from this girl.  Seriously, after a day spent laughing your head off, and feeling the spirit as strongly as I did at their ward today, nothing could have brought me down. 
I knew I missed my almost daily talks with Alicia and Colby, but I didn't realize just how much I missed them.  Today, I did realize just how much I miss them, and how much they meant to me.  I don't think there was a day that talking to them didn't make me happier, or there wasn't a time when I wasn't laughing.  *Except the day I was sick, so I slept (and missed class), or the time I was super grumpy thanks to finals.*  It made me very grateful for their friendship and for the amount that our friendships have grown. 

I full heartedly believe that there is nothing in this world that can cure a depressed soul quite like a good dose of laughter can.  Sorrow seems to be a thing of the past when you start to laugh.  Pains are erased with a dose of laughter (unless you laugh too hard, then you get new pains...) 

So, take the time to laugh.  Laugh at everything in life, including yourself.
One thing I am learning is to not take life too seriously,
not to take yourself too seriously. 
Where is the fun in all of that? 

1 comment:

  1. You know, I'm just stalking away & catching up on all the posts I missed in the past year. I'm terrible. Anyways, I recently blogged about this. And honestly think it's SUCH a good reminder. WE're friends. WE just are.

    ReplyDelete