Tuesday, May 28, 2013

a few {confessions} and the start of a {list}

Confessions:

I am terribly afraid of thunderstorms
but, I love the rain.
When I say terribly afraid, I am talking
curl up in a ball, hide under blankets, hyperventilate
afraid.
So, these storms we've had in Utah today, although brief and not that bad
have had me pretty freaked all day long.

I hide my emotions
and I hide them well,
until I have too many stored up inside,
then they come out in an angered/crying mess.

I am a book lover
and I am bordering on being a book hoarder.
I have some 300 books sitting in my room at this very moment.
Which one meticulously catalogued in a spreadsheet.
I am reading 5 books at this very moment, and have a stack of 6 more from the library
that I need to get through.

I just started a book club with my friend,
to say that I'm thrilled about this is an understatement.
The fact that I have friends who love reading as much as I do,
makes this world a beautiful place.

The start of a list:
I've been thinking about bucket lists the past few days.  I don't really have one.  And the one that has been being thought of in my head, is mostly a list of places I want to travel to.  Perhaps I need some help with this bucket list, what is on your bucket list? Is it an adventurous list, or more laid back?

  • Go to Boston
  • Attend a Red Sox game at Fenway Park
  • Go to Palmyra, New York
  • Live in Washington or Oregon for a few years
  • Hike in Hawaii
  • See the Coral Reef in New Zealand
  • Visit the Grand Canyon
  • Take a jeep tour through Zion's National Park
See, I just want to travel...
that's all, just travel.



2 comments:

  1. I HATE thunder and lightening too! See, I knew we were soul sistas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha you definitely just went up on my list of favorite cousins for sayin' we're soul sistas :)

      Delete