Tuesday, June 25, 2013

That time I called the cops

Here's the thing, I live in -what I feel is- a pretty safe neighborhood. There isn't any major problems that happen, we have the occasional speeder, and I once thought my neighbors were drug dealers. But I have never felt so scared that I had to act. Until today. And man....my heart is still pounding and this event occurred about five hours ago. 

I got home from running errands with my sister and was going to get the mail when I was approached by a man, who didn't seem like he was completely there. He began begging for money and a ride to get home. I told him several times that I didn't have any money, and I couldn't give him a ride home. He would not leave me alone, so I found a quarter and told him to take it and leave. He took it, said he would bring it back to me, but didn't leave. I booked it into my house with my sister, locked the doors, and watched out the window to see if he would leave. He didn't really leave, so I called the cops, but luckily one drove past and stopped him and talked to him. We finally watched him walk away and we thought that he was gone. About 15 minutes later I saw him walking down the street again and was still so scared that I called the cops again and this time I talked to dispatch and an officer. It was scary and for the first time in my life I felt like my neighborhood and home had been violated. 

Moral of the story: don't talk to strangers, carry pepper spray or a baseball bat at all times (as for as the bat goes, I joke), and finally, most importantly, keep the police station phone number in your phone so you don't have to search for it in an emergency. Also, just keep saying a silent prayer that you won't be so scared anymore. 

1 comment:

  1. My gosh! That really is pretty scary. I would have done the same thing. Pepper spray? No doubt. Keep that baby around!!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete