Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A ten out of ten

I don't know about you guys, but I have a love/hate relationship with wedding receptions.

Being single they can serve as a wonderful reminder that you are alone, and make you feel like you will be forever alone. People say they're the best place to meet people...all the receptions I've recently attended (which has been a lot) seem to only have family members in attendance, old, already married family members, that's not going to work out so well.

One of my best friends got married today, and I seriously considered not going. One, I didn't want to go alone (what's worse than attending a wedding reception alone?) Then my old roommate and friend Arielle offered to go with me, even though she had only met Chase twice.  Two, the semester is ending and I didn't think I'd have time to make the drive down to Lindon. So I told Arielle, I may not go... I thought about it a lot. And I realized, I would regret not going to the wedding more than I would regret missing a few hours of study time.  You see, Chase and I have an interesting relationship. He and my friend Kaytlin were really good friends in the singles ward (that I was also in) but I never really got to know him, until he moved. I honestly found him a tad annoying, and way immature. Then he moved, and wasn't around as much, so our relationship grew.  Then in November, by cousin passed away, and he was there every step of the way.  Reminding me of the Plan of Salvation, buying me dinner, letting me cry, making me laugh, stopping by my house to give me a bear hug.  He made that time so much easier for me, after that, our friendship has never been the same.  He is honestly like the older brother that I never had, but always wanted.  He seems to know when I'm feeling down because on days when I need it the most, I will get a text from him saying something like... "...you are awesome and such a wonderful person, daughter of God, and friend."  Or voicemails saying "I'm sorry you're having a rough time, and I wish I could help you." These come at times I need them the most, and I am so grateful for him in my life. When I thought about all he has done for me, I knew that no matter what I needed to be at the reception.  It was my turn to drop everything I was doing and be there for him.

So Arielle and I went, and had an amazing time!  We pretended that we were on "Four Weddings" and critiqued their wedding.  As we talked about it on the way home, we felt like we were being snobbish giving them perfect tens, but it was seriously the most adorable, perfect wedding.  A simple, country wedding to a "t".  All of the decorations fit both their personalities and the theme perfectly.  The hanging mason jars were to die for, and the pop of teal throughout the decor was perfect! Not to mention the adorable quilt to sign as we walked in, the carriage for the presents, and the cd's as a thank you gift.  But the best part of the whole night was seeing Chase so happy and seeing his beautiful bride Cassie just as happy.  They are the most perfect match, and I couldn't think of a better person for one o my best friends to spend eternity with!












No comments:

Post a Comment