Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sailing

I've never been sailing before... I've never really wanted to go sailing before.
But, as I sit here, on a third floor condo, looking out over Bear Lake, watching two sail boats in the water, I can't help but wish I could be out there. Right now, sailing represents freedom. Freedom from thoughts, and worries. Freedom from the stress of the land. When you're sailing you have to focus on the task at hand, so you don't have much time to think about the worries in your life. You rely on the wind to take you somewhere, anywhere, and when you're done with your freedom, you catch the wind in your sails and head back. Sailing represents solitude, just you, your boat, and the vast body of water you may be upon. 

For the first time in my life.... I wish I could sail.


1 comment:

  1. Dd you draw that sail boat? Also, I would love to sail too, but it scares the crap out of me just thinking about it. I'm such a wuss.

    ReplyDelete