Sunday, January 5, 2014

{brave}

In my last post I said my "one little word" for 2014 is going to be 

BRAVE.

Well..I formed a goal of sorts based off of that one little word.  
And the best way to keep to a goal is to voice it, share it, and write it down right?
Well I've voiced it, now to share it and write it down.
I have decided that I want to make a conscious effort to attend any event that I'm invited to, including the ever so lovely FHE every Monday night with my ward.
Now, obviously this is all within in reason, because school is going to come first,
but I realized that I missed out on a lot last year, simply because I didn't want to go somewhere alone.
That was stupid.  
Is this going to be hard for me?
Yes!
Scary?
Absolutely!
Am I excited?
Sort of.  I'm not so excited to step out of my comfort zone, but I'm excited for the change I know I will see in myself.

Back in November when I went to the live audience showing of Studio 5 with Ashley she said something on the drive up that has stuck with me..
This was the second time Ashley had gotten tickets for a live audience Studio 5 segment, 
but she gave away her first pair of tickets because she couldn't find anyone to go with.
On the drive up she said she had talked to her sister about it and her sister said something like 'Ashley! You should've have just gone by yourself.  It was something you wanted to do, you should've gone.' and then something about regrets and 20 year old self, I think? (Sorry Ash, I may have made that up completely...)
I don't want to look back on my life and wish I would have done more.  I want to be able to say "I made a conscious effort to get out there, to meet people, and to grow."

So...
here's to 2014 
the year that I jump out of my comfort zone.

2 comments:

  1. i think that is seriously one of the best goals! Think of how fulfilling that will be! I'm totally going to work on this too! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing word. That's something I actually need to work on.

    ReplyDelete